Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Less than 3 weeks til my due date!

I made it through a little cold that definitely had me under the weather. I was sick for about two weeks and it is just now starting to go away. Thursday, March 6th I started to feel more braxton hicks contractions than ever before. This sort of freaked me out, feeling unprepared for labor and delivery, so I looked up the childbirth class dates and times in Olympia. The very last all day class was on Saturday the 8th, so I signed right up! My dad went with me the first half of the class and my mom went with me to the second half. I feel so lucky to have such a supportive family. It was a pretty informative class. She told us a lot about the process of birth and the stages, practiced some breathing while holding handfuls of ice cubes (this was not easy with a stuffed up nose being all congested and tired from that), and we got to try out all kinds of massaging things to see what we liked the best! With that class I also got a infant safety and CPR class which was on the 15th. Christina went with me to this! Again, thanks to my supportive family! We learned more opinions of all kinds of baby products - some useful and some not...but I have noticed that when someone has a good or bad opinion on something, they seem to think that is the ONLY good thing for instance. Like only this detergent is the best....almost implying all the other ones are bad. I am just taking all the advice and will form my own opinions. This way I can decide what is best for us and go from there. I am sure there will be trial and error with things too. So of course after my few days of more and more braxton hicks contractions, they have died back down to being more just one or two in the evening like normal (from 33 weeks on). So he is trying to hold out til daddy gets back!

I also had my 36 week appointment on the 10th. I saw a third midwife, Backman, and she was so distracted with another patient. I really feel like I did not get a "real" appointment or have her full attention. I am going to say something about it, in a nice way, at my next appoint. She was just a little discouraging to see because I am with the midwives, and I liked the idea of having a midwife because I expected a little more attention and care as I will be nervous with this all being my first time. She measured my uterus at 34 cm, which is the same from my 33 week appointment. If Conner hasn't grown in 3 weeks, I think this would raise concern and she would remeasure. She actually didn't even tell me the number when the other two did. I had to ask and she didn't even seem phased. I am sure Conner has been growing though! He seems bigger in my belly, thats for sure! At 36 weeks I had gained 30 pounds exactly. I haven't weighed myself since then so we will see!! I think I am staying in the 25-35 range pretty good though, despite my daily need for ice cream and whatever sounds good! =)

Thursday I have a breastfeeding class and Friday another appointment! More updates to come soon! Here are my weekly pictures from the last few weeks:

Photobucket
37 weeks St. Patricks Day!

Photobucket
36 weeks

Photobucket
35 weeks 1 day

No comments: