Sunday, September 4, 2011

September Update on Appointments

I need to play a little catch up here. Much harder to keep up with this while working and having kids! I will be posting more pictures soon also!

September 1 I had an ultrasound scheduled to check on the placenta location. Worry here could be if the placenta was too low and could potentially be blocking the opening to the cervix. If this happens and they don't know about it then it could tear and have the potential for the mom to bleed to death. That makes it sound very scary! So I am glad they are checking everything to make sure I will be fine. If there is a problem, then they would have to schedule a section for me which kind of scares me too! I just hope everything will be alright. Clint was able to come to the appointment with me. I could see just how happy he was to see our baby girl moving around. She really just kept moving the whole time. The sonogram tech was going to just double check for us that she was a girl and she had a hand down between her legs trying to block it from us! But she did move it and we were able to confirm, yet again, we are having a baby girl! Since we only saw a tech, we have to wait for the radiologist to review the pictures of the placenta location, and then at my next OBGYN appointment I will have some results back.

August 25 I had my regular OBGYN check up appointment. I was almost 25 weeks and 6 days. She measured to the top of my uterus and said I was measuring at about 25 weeks. Zane was with me and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. He was so excited to hear it and noted that it seems like the heartbeat sounds louder and stronger now. Everything was good, next appoint in another four weeks. Next to schedule my ultrasound and blood work for the glucose screening and probably a few other things and urine test.

July 29 I had my regular OBGYN check up appointment. I was 22 weeks. Zane was still in MT with Grandma Carol, but Clint and Conner were at the appointment. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat and find out that everything was ok. There was a doctor in training there with the regular Nurse Practitioner that I see and he read to me back the 20 week ultrasound results. They noted the placenta was low and recommended a follow-up ultrasound to make sure that the placenta was moving up as the pregnancy progressed.

June 28 I had a regular OBGYN check up appointment. I was 17 weeks and 6 days. The baby's heart rate was 147 beats per minute. I gained about 6 pounds at this point.

June 18, I was 16 weeks and 1 day we went for an ultrasound in Lake Charles. We found out we were having a baby girl! So exciting! Clint and Conner were there to sit on the comfy couches and watch the ultrasound on the connected TV mounted up on the wall. It was really exciting for all of us.

June 1 I had a regular OBGYN check up appointment. I was 13 weeks and 6 days. Baby heartrate was 150 beats per minute. I need to schedule my ultrasound for between 20-22 week s to check all of the organs.

May 5 I had a regular OBGYN check up appointment. I was 9 weeks and 6 days. The baby's heart rate was 177 beats per minute. I previously had lab work done on April 25 and it all came back just normal/fine. I also previously had an ultrasound to check to be sure our due date was correct. Due date stands at 12/2/2011. I think the actually measuring at around 9 weeks was for the due date to be 12/3 but they decided to just keep it at 12/2/2011 because obviously there can be a little deviance from the norm.

My initial intake appointment I had a very helpful LPN who took my vitals, gave me a big water bottle and lots of information. I needed to schedule my first appointment, get bloodwork done (somewhere around 9 tubes of blood and I didn't pass out), and schedule an early ultrasound for sizing of the baby. I took tests on February 19, 2011 at home that were saying pregnant, but must have had a very early miscarriage or the egg didn't actually implant into the wall - since the ultrasound confirmed that this was a new pregnancy.


No comments: